Two weeks baby. Yes, it's been 2 weeks since I started my juicy adventure. I never had any idea how great the body can feel when feeding one's self such nutritionally balanced fruits and vegetables in the liquid form. I have always loved juicing,but never had any idea what a natural high I have going on inside of me. It's so insane that I am actually loving each and every moment on this journey, and having no boredom. Is a matter of fact each day is exciting to me because I have somewhat planned what will be made each day ahead for 3 days in advance. I also think this is necessary,since I bought vegetables and fruits yesterday and need to know what will be made to keep me nourished.
This is such a mind thing that is happening. Each and every moment is psychological. I found myself on the toilet crying with thanks because I am doing something I have always wanted to do and that something was juice feasting. Yes crying,I know a detox thing ,OK I accept that answer, and I bet it is a true fact. I also had a tiny little rash appear on my left side of my neck. I have 2 pimples on my face and I can't wait until they disappear. Normally I have a clear complexion, but not at this moment.
I am finding that every day I am exploring different vegetables in a different light. I want to know WHY each vegetable is a benefit to our body. Today I wanted to explore Spinach.
Health Benefits of Spinach
- Spinach is loaded with phyto-nutrients that have disease prevention properties
- It's very low in calories and fat (100G of raw spinach leaves provide just 23 cals), and contains about 25% of our daily intake of iron
- Fresh leaves are a rich source of anti-oxidants like vitamin A and Flavonoid anti-oxidants like beta- carotene
- Vitamin A is required for maintaining healthy mucus membranes and skin, and is essential for our vision
- 100 g of spinach provides 40% of daily Vitamin K .Vitamin K plays a vital role in strengthening bone mass by providing osteotrophic ( bone building) activity in the bone.Vitamin K also helps with Alzheimer's disease by limiting neuronal damage in the brain
- This green vegetable also contains good amounts of B- complex vitamins like Vitamin B-6,Thiamine, folates, niacin and vitamin C
- Spinach leaves also contain a good amount of minerals like potassium,manganese,magnesium,copper and zinc. Potassium is an important component of cell and body fluids that help control heart rate and blood pressure. Copper is required in the production of our red blood cells. Zinc is an enzyme that regulates growth and development and aids in digestion
- Spinach is also a rich source omega -3 fatty acid
after waking ~ warmer water,lemon with 2 MSM capsules,Vitamin A, B-12,Bee tablet,C ,D, 2 Klameth Lake Kelp capsules. I take all Vitamins listed above after my first juice of the day.
32 oz of Green juice- 2 bunches Spinach, 2 Granny Smith Apple,1/2 bunch Parsley,1 lime ,1 lemon (sour but refreshing)
16 oz of 1 big Grapefruit, 3 small oranges and Vita -Mineral green (love this) Oh that's the photo . This made more then the glass would hold
32 oz of red juice- beet,kale,spinach,broccoli stem,celery,cucumber,lemon,ginger
32 oz of Mixture of greens~ Swiss chard,red pepper,burdock root, fugi apple,lemon,ginger
* Water all day as usual .Lots of water ....I pee often :-)
* fresh coconut water with 1/2 of a teaspoon worth of Vita-mineral ( I love this at night when I want something sweet)