Monday, November 1, 2010

15th Day of Juicing........Raw Energy

Why a Raw Alkalizing diet is essential for your Health

Here are the basis in a nutshell, through simplified for easy understatement. A few raw foodist is someone that eats 75-100% live nutritionally -dense organic uncooked and unprocessed foods ( and drinks pure,live water) enjoying delicious meals that optimize your health by alkalizing your body. At that rate your elimination system can get rid of toxins created when you cook food. But when you eat more cook foods you are consuming acidic toxins faster then your body can eliminate them so they back up, disrupting your body's delicate acid/alkaline balance , a major cause of excess weight and disease. Heating food above 118 degrees F. cause the chemical changes that create acidic toxins, including the carcinogens ,mutagens, and free radicals associated with diseases like diabetes,arthritis,heart disease, and cancer. Cooking also destroys the live enzymes that aid in digestion and health.

If I only knew of this rule when I was growing up. Eat healthy. I was not brought up eating fresh fruits and vegetables. I remember processed foods and canned vegetables. YIKES, but in the late 50's and 60's and 70's when I was younger this is what my parent's knew for mealtimes. Nutritional info was not as readily available as it is now.

Two years ago when I turned 50 ,what I did was make a conscious effort to be the best I can be in feeding my body. Now as said two years ago I started watching "YouTube videos " on raw food eating ,and the raw eating lifestyle was totally of high interest to me. I have to say I didn't jump right into the lifestyle ,but I did stick with Raw eating no less then 50% all day long from the year October of 2008 up until now.

Why have a chose to juice now?

In my experience with eating in the raw, juicing is my number one favorite thing to consume. I enjoy wheat grass either in the morning or in the evening time and sometimes both. When I drink the wheat grass I make sure I eat nothing for at least 1 hour before or after consuming the wheat grass. Just for proper nutritional absorption.










My yummy items I had today~

64 oz Green potpourri of -Swiss chard,kale,spinach,red pepper(for sweetness),asparagus (4),broccoli,lemon,ginger
20 Oz of the Grapefruit,Orange and Vita-mineral Green juice
18 ounces -beet,apple,apple,lemon,ginger

YEP, I did lots of green today~

2 Cups David R. Tea recipe

1 Cup of the Vegetable balancing broth

3 oz of wheat grass before bed

Water ,water all day long.

I also had all those AM vitamins too.

I have a hard time getting in all 4 quarts per day. Where I live the weather is chilly ,therefore drinking all my juice is harder to accomplish sometimes.

Zumba ~~~~The latest exercise Dance fun......And I am a fan of this exercise!!!

This dance fitness was created by a fellow by the name of Perez in Columbia during the 1990's.The program combines Latin and international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun. And Zumba is in deed just that *very fun*.
I figured it was about time to get back into ZUMBA . Have you heard of this wonderful dance exercise move. I have found that once you go experience this Dance craze it can be the most addicting enjoyment you will ever encounter in your day. One thing I will say is that Zumba is so addicting But you you must remember to spread the days between workouts. Or you will have a body that is so sore you will have a tough time going back. When I do Zumba at my local YMCA I can do Zumba 4 days a week with the same instructors . As of right now I am starting fresh at 1-2 days of Zumba a week,and I highly recommend" Zumba dance shoes".There are some side moves that will help you move across the floor better with dance shoes. And best for your feet and ankles too. This is a wet body workout,so take a hand towel as I do.

No comments: