Sunday, November 7, 2010

Eat the colors of the Rainbow!! Day 21

Eat the colors of the rainbow. It's easy to identify foods with the highest levels of antioxidants—they're often the most colorful. Carrots and sweet potatoes have plenty of beta carotene; bell peppers, strawberries and tomatoes contain vitamin C; tomatoes and watermelon have lycopene; and dark leafy greens like spinach contain lutein. Blueberries have anthocyanins. Red grapes have resveratrol. And the list goes on—so banish the beige!

Eating a serving of vegetables or fruit from each color group is one way to get the nutrients and fiber your body craves. You can buy them frozen, fresh, or dried.


RED: red apples, red grapes, raspberries, cherries, watermelon, cranberries, strawberries, pomegranates, pink or red grapefruit, rhubard, radishes, tomatoes, red peppers, radicchio, beets and red onions.



ORANGE and YELLOW: Carrots, pumpkin, yellow and orange peppers, corn, yellow tomatoes, squash, and sweet potatoes, peaches, nectarines, cumquats, starfruit, apples, apricots, cantaloupe, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, mangoes, pineapple and lemons.




GREEN: Dark leafy greens such as romaine lettuce, red tip lettuce, green leaf lettuce, swiss chard, kale, bok choy, spinach, and arugula. Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, snap peas, edamame, zucchini, green onions, celery, asparagus, artichokes, parsnips, leeks, cucumber, collard greens, okra, green apples, limes, green grapes, kiwi fruit, honeydew melon, pears and avocado.




BLUE AND PURPLE: eggplant, purple cabbage, olives, raisins, blueberries, blackberries, plums, purple grapes, boysenberries, dates, figs.


WHITE: bananas, white nectarines, white peaches, jicama, palm, garlic, cauliflower, mushrooms, shallots, onions, white corn, water chestnuts and potatoes.
Happy days are here! Very hard at times to keep the mind on the juicing.It's a mental game every single day. All is good though. I feel so clean ,so fresh,so vibrant . As for what I have been juicing:

Top of the morning: Water ,lemon and 2 MSM Capsules. And all through the day water, when I leave the house my spring water is with me at all times. I always was a good water drink'in person,remembering to take my water when I leave the house is a must now. And a new habit I have gotton uses too.


Today I started with : Natalia Rose Green lemonade recipe:

Green Juice  Recipe (Green Lemonade)  64 ounces of this awesome drink

Green Juice (aka Green Lemonade)1 head romaine lettuce
5 to 6 stalks of kale - I use  Dino Kale -("Lacinato kale’)
2 apples (I use golden delicious or fugi)
1 whole lemon (organic is best so you don't have to peel it)
1 " fresh ginger root ( I love ginger)
 I add 2 cucumbers to this recipe to tone the flavor a bit

I also made My Grapefruit,Orange, Vita mineral green Combo a Huge 24 oz amount today~

In my afternoon I had My VERY favorite juice of: Beet,cucumber,apple,ginger,lemon
 ( no greens in this drink  today but YUMMY) 24 ounces

Coconut water with More Vita-mineral green in the evening .

No comments: