I have been away from home a good 3 days Saturday, Sunday and Monday from early am until late pm in order to add to this blog, which never gave me time to add info here. I won't write here as I have a broken laptop and my phone makes it too hard to get down what I want to say, without making typo mistakes when I am away from my home. I am so old fashion that I am not into testing and it seems the rest of society does do lots of texting.
Today was a Sunny nice beautiful day. Maybe Spring is here after all. Maybe we will get the yard mowed today Tuesday. Our property is 1.34 acres and most is mowing land. My hubby will mow after work because he has a riding lawnmower.
One of my busy days was Saturday I went to a up North a 1 hour drive, to a 3 hour potluck and part of the potluck was having a lesson in Kombucha making, Sauerkraut and fermenting vegetables in general. The funny thing is, I actually had 5 day old fermenting Sauerkraut brewing that I happened to make for my First Time. Friday eve it went in the refigerator and to the potluck on Saturday Day 6.
|I made mine with Red and green cabbage ,some shredded carrots,and herbs,|
spices or Caraway seed and fennel (both ground with a mortar and pestle), and dill.
|Leaving my kraut in the oven to ferment. Hey it's a dark place .|
I took the one container on the Right side while I left the left one in
the oven to ferment 3 more days. Notice in photo
below all of the saurerkraut turned purple.
|This is the result of my cabbage. This was a good batch as all of the surekraut was gobbled up.|
· Cleanses the lymphatic system and stimulates the lymph canals to drain toxic mucoid matter into the colon, thereby purifying the entire system. This enables the lymph to perform its house-cleaning duties by keeping the blood and other vital tissues detoxified. NOTE: After several days of dry brushing, you may notice the gelatinous mucoid material in your stools.
· Removes dead skin layers which can help improve skin texture and cell renewal.
· Strengthens the immune system
· Stimulates the hormone and oil-producing glands
· Tightens the skin by increasing the flow of blood, thereby preventing premature aging.
· Stimulates circulation to skin, encouraging your body's discharge of metabolic wastes, which greatly aids the lymphatic drainage of the entire body. When the body rids itself of toxins, it is able to run more efficiently in all areas.
· Improves the function of the nervous system
· Helps digestion - helps your skin to absorb nutrients by eliminating clogged pores. Healthy, breathing skin contributes to overall body health.
· Dry skin brushing helps with muscle tone and more even distribution of fat deposits.
· Dry skin brushing also rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.
· Individuals who sit at a computer screen all day long will particularly take pleasure in the benefits of skin brushing. People who have inactive lifestyles or jobs usually experience stiff and sore necks and shoulders that reach even into their arms and down their spines and into their lower backs. Increased blood flow begins entering the areas brushed and you will experience an increase in electromagnetic energy that permits you to feel energized and invigorated.
· Removes cellulite - LADIES--Cellulite is toxic. Cellulite is toxic materials that are accumulated in your body's fat cells as they are unable to be eliminated. So, rather than liposuction surgery, how about utilizing the "dry skin brushing" techniques coupled with an alkaline diet program and a great exercising routine. It will break down the unwelcome toxic body deposits and send them scurrying out of your body through the elimination channels we discussed above
AND it's easy, inexpensive and invigorating! Tips and Tricks for Dry Brushing:
* Always dry brush your dry body before you shower or bathe because you will want to wash off the impurities from the skin as a result from the brushing action.
* You can do the brushing head-to-toe or toe-to-head. It really doesn't matter as long as the entire body is brushed. Long sweeping strokes starting from the bottom of your feet upwards, and from the hands towards the shoulders, and on the torso in an upward direction help drain the lymph back to your heart. Note: Stroking away from your heart puts extra pressure on the valves within the veins and lymph vessels and can cause ruptured vessels and varicose veins.
* Use light pressure in areas where the skin is thin and harder pressure on places like the soles of the feet.
* Skin brushing should be performed once a day, preferably first thing in the morning. A thorough skin brushing takes about 15 minutes, but any time spent brushing prior to bathing will benefit the body.If you are feeling ill, increasing the treatments to twice a day is good. You can also dry brush areas of cellulite five to 10 minutes twice a day to achieve cellulite dissolving, but the technique needs to be done consistently for a minimum of five months.
* Avoid sensitive areas and anywhere the skin is broken such as areas of skin rash, wounds, cuts, and infections. Also, never brush an area affected by poison oak or poison ivy.
* Finish up with your regular shower and ending with three hot and cold cycles. That means turning on the water as hot as you can take it for several seconds, then as cold as you can handle it, then hot, then cold for three cycles. End with either hot or cold. This will further invigorate the skin and stimulate blood circulation, bringing more blood to the outer layers of the skin.
* After getting out of the shower, dry off vigorously and massage your skin with pure plant oils such as olive, avocado, apricot, almond, sesame, coconut or cocoa butter. Add a little peanut and Castor oil to the mix if you have arthritis. Edgar Cayce says this works to take out some of the pain, and we've found that to be true over the years.
* Clean your skin brush using soap and water once a week. After rinsing, dry your skin brush in an open, sunny spot to prevent mildew.
* Any well designed program will take about 30 days to see and experience the changes. Please be patient and keep up the program! For a thorough lymphatic cleansing, perform skin brushing daily for a minimum of three months.
I am back to using my skin brush again ,as in the winter I was too lazy to stand there naked because the weather was too cold.II like the way the skin feels when using the brush.