Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 21 of juicing......

OMG, Warm water with lemon juice. I like warmer water over colder water in the A.M. I have been playing in the kitchen. I am making my first batch of Kombucha. I got a starter scoby ,but it sank in the mixture and didn't stay flat so my batch which is 8 days old (and still brewing) started a new scoby. My batch started a new scoby on the top as the liquid had a good amount of the stringy yeasty stuff that Kombucha thrives on and  this batch is some tasty stuff. What I did was buy several glass bottles with a latch top.  I took two bottles and put a piece of dehydrated pear slice in each bottle, and one of the two bottles has hibiscus flowers and the pear slice. I took my made scoby and the remainder Kombucha back in the Oven to brew a few more days. I mean I buy Kombucha in the bottles all the time and enjoy the flavor, but nothing compares to freshly made Kombucha. I have a new Raw favorite.

So wow between Rejuvalac, Kombucha and ACV Water I am a happy chick with alternative choices. I now have instant some  probiotic drinks .Can I tell you what NEVER to do as I accidentally made myself vomit. Oh lord about 1 month ago I drank about 1/2 bottle of the GT Kombucha and before bed I took my Live refrigerated probiotic, not thinking that I just double gave myself a probiotic kick. Well lets just say I got up at 3:30 am a vomited. I can't tell you the last time I vomited. I am quit healthy when it comes to sickness. I don't get colds either since our grandaughter moved out last June 2010. Tomorrow I will take photos in the AM as the light of the room is nicer.


As of today I stuck with Collard, Kale, Celery, Cucumber, cilantro, parsley, lime,and ginger, juice all day......And I had plenty of water. I would love to get bold and attempt 1 day of pure water,but I haven't come to do that yet.

No comments: