Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day 5 of juicing........I feel great!

Amazing ,I just did an enema and its amazing what comes out on just consuming juice juice.That is all I will say,and I feel great,but not as much energy as yesterday though.
People may ask why juice when you can eat just raw food and cleanse the body. That is correct ,although I have been trying to get pure Raw into my head since Oct 2008 and everyday since then I have almost all of my meals Raw. My days  always start with a smoothie or juice,most often juice. I am a huge fan of juicing. Although I am a huge fan I somehow drop drinking juices around day 10. My last juicing was 21 days but I really know this is right -right now.
After I did my enema I took my cleansing herbs and had water I made a small 12 Ounce juice of  : Fennel,lemon,ginger and kale. I have this drink at a place in Seattle and I love fennel in any of my drinks as it it so refreshing and fennel is great for treating congestion or conjunctivitis, stimulating appetite, treating colic in infants, preventing muscle spasms, and relieving gas. The nutrients in fennel juice contain essential vitamins and minerals that promote relief for an upset stomach and it is commonly used for cancer patients after chemotherapy to help rebuild the digestive system. Fennel juice is also good for eye conditions, such as night blindness or a weak optic nerve. In addition, if you add beet juice to carrot and fennel, the efficacy of all three creates a remedy for anemia and excessive menstruation.


Manganese

According to the "Juicing Forum," fennel juice contains manganese, which is nutritionally essential for helping to break down amino acids and produce energy. The Vitamins and Nutrition Center says manganese also helps nourish the brain, aids in skeletal development, and helps maintain sex hormone production and regulate blood sugar levels.
Zinc
Fennel juice contains high amounts of zinc, which helps to reduce intestinal spasms and increase movement of the small intestines, according to Helpwithcooking.com. Zinc helps to heal wounds and is also important in enzyme reactions. It is also particularly beneficial for skin health, maintaining a healthy immune system, and building resistance to infection. Regular consumption of fennel juice helps relieve skin conditions such as eczema and acne, and the zinc in fennel juice is effective for treating prostate problems, maintaining healthy liver function, developing muscle growth, and metabolizing energy, carbohydrates, lipids and proteins.

Vitamins

According to Helpwithcooking.com, fennel juice is a healthy source of vitamin A and vitamin B-complex. Vitamin A is found in some plant-based foods, including fennel, which supply beta-carotene. Lifeclinic.com notes that your body converts beta-carotene into vitamin A, which has antioxidant properties that rid the body of free radicals that cause tissue and cellular damage. Vitamin B-complex, which is made up of vitamin B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, and B12; biotin, choline and inositol, plays an important role in producing energy, maintaining a healthy nervous system, assisting in proper digestion, and maintaining healthy hair, skin and nails, according to healthandgoodness.com.


This is why I chose to juice again:
I want to clean my colon well
love to drink juice and give my body a break for the usual digestion process.
Challenge myself in this journey
loss weight and feel great
Stay Raw once my juicing is over

No comments: